Sara Combilizer Demonstration VideoThis video is designed to provide users with an overview of Sara Combilizer and guidelines on the correct use of the product.
There is significant clinical evidence supporting that early patient mobility as part of an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) rehabilitation program help counter the effects of ICU acquired weakness, which in turn improves the patient recovery process and long-term functional outcome. (Morris 2007)With Sara® Combilizer, due to its exceptional positioning flexibility, even patients that previously deemed high risk or inappropriate to mobilise can easily be mobilised to a standing, sitting or supine position in a safe and comfortable way. This includes patients with low attention and level of consciousness, poor trunk stability, mechanical ventilation and hemofiltration lines in groin. (Dueck 2010, McWilliams 2013)
Getting out of bed – early, safely and efficiently
There is clear clinical evidence of the positive physical effects on early mobilisation, giving mobility and exercise therapy by having the patient sitting and standing out of bed, already in the ICU, By getting mobilized out of bed already during the first days within the intensive care unit and even under mechanical ventilation, patients do not only get better physical stimulation, such as stronger muscles and skeleton, better vascular and respiratory function; in addition the risk of patients acquiring delirium is reduced. (Brahmbatt 2010)
The dimensions and powered multi-function design of Sara Combilizer support the ICU patient to get out-of-bed mobilisation therapy, while at the same time providing ergonomic working conditions and minimal physical strain on the caregivers.
With Sara Combilizer mobilisation therapy is safe and efficient, both for the patients and the caregivers.
The patient is secured by a safety belt system that eliminates risk of falls, and other built in safety mechanisms enables a quick repositioning of the patient to a supine position if an emergency situation occur.
Due to its design and dimensions, transfer of the patient to and from Sara Combilizer is safe and quick, minimizing the resource need to prepare the patient for the mobilisation therapy.
Reducing length of stay
Intensive care, especially initial care using mechanical ventilation, involves high cost. Early mobilisation can help reduce the length of ICU and hospital stay, cutting cost and improving financial outcomes (McWilliams 2013, Lord 2013)
- Powered multifunctional positioning aid for early mobilisation and ICU rehabilitation of critically ill patients.
- The advanced positioning possibilities of Sara® Combilizer help increasing comfort and preventing pressure ulcers by enabling easy repositioning.
- Hand control operated positioning of patient between standing (75 degrees), sitting and supine position including the option of Trendelenburg positioning.
- Height adjustable in stretcher and chair position as well as compact dimensions cater for an ergonomic working posture and good patient interaction.
- Easy-to-read inclinometer indicating level of inclination when raising Sara Combilizer to a standing position.
- Sideways tilting in all positions, for pressure re-distribution and rehabilitation purposes.
- Reclining chair position for a comfortable resting position.
- Safe Working Load 200kg (440lbs).
- Designed to integrate to other Arjo lifting, transfer and mobilisation products, providing a complete mobilisation portfolio for critical care settings.
Comfort for the patient
- Comfortable foam mattress and pillow with mattress cover in breathable, multidirectional stretch material.
- The safety belt system secures the patient in a comfortable way.
- Adjustable shoulder supports, foot plate, arm rests and lumbar support.
- Designed for alternating patient posture.
- Quick-down function for patient emergency situations, enabling the patient to get down to a supine position in seconds, enabling CardioPulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Built-in pinch protection functions and emergency stops.
- Intuitive hand control operation with two additional levels of control redundancy.
Easy to clean – designed for the ICU
- Easy to clean surfaces designed to minimize dirt traps
- No fastener strips or push buttons
- Minimal use of zippers
- Easy to remove, washable mattress, pillow and arm rest covers
Sara® Combilizer enables out-of-bed Early Mobilisation and ICU rehabilitation of critically ill patients to a standing position, to help reduce the adverse effects of immobility and bed rest.
Sara Combilizer is multi-functional tool for mobilisation of patients out of bed in the acute care settings, in particular at ICU’s.
It allows the patient to be positioned into lying, sitting and standing positions – all of them achievable without having to perform transfers in between. In all these positions Sara Combilizer can be sideways tilted as well, facilitating therapy and making it possible to safely and easily reposition the patient without strain on the caregiver.
- All patient positioning options powered and hand control operated.
- Removable NiMH battery, to be charged in a separate charging station.
- Inclinometer indicating the level of inclination.
- Low friction castors, all with brakes.
- Adjustable foot plate with anti-slip properties.
- Adjustable arm-rests.
- Adjustable lumbar support.
- Adjustable and foldable shoulder supports.
- Mattress covers in breathable fabric that provides multidirectional stretch.
- Designed for easy cleaning and disinfection, with no fastener strips or push buttons.
Safety and emergency features
- Adjustable safety belt system securing the patient at knee, hip and chest.
- Three level redundant manoeuvring controls for safety.
- Manual “Quick-down” emergency lowering option from standing to lying position enabling CPR.
- Built in pinch protection.
- Dual emergency stops and system failure override.
|Max patient length:||196 cm|
|Min patient length:
|Weight of Sara Combilizer:
||115 kg (265 lbs)|
|Width (surface, incl. arm supports):
||750 mm (29 1/2‘’)|
|Chassis dimensions (incl. castors):
||915 x 714 mm (36 x 28 1/8 ‘’)|
|Max length (stretcher):
||2045 mm (80 1/2’’)|
|Min length (chair incl. foot plate):
||1580 mm (62 1/4’’)|
|Max height (seat surface):
|Max Safe Working Load (SWL):
||200kg (440 lbs) mm (33 3/4‘’)|
|Min height (seat surface):
||588 mm (23 1/4‘’)|
|Turning radius, stretcher:
||2045 mm (80 1/2‘’)|
|Turning radius, chair:
||1840 mm (72 3/8‘’)|
|Max elevation, standing:
|Max sideways tilting:
|Protection class, Sara Combilizer:
|Protection class, hand control:
||NiMH, 2,5Ah, 24 V DC|
Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Solutions - TS.CF.50.1.GB-INT.2.AHG-singlepages.pdfEPUAP- NPUAP - PPPIA CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE 2014: Considerations on Support Surfaces, Safe Patient Handling and Pressure Ulcer Prevention for Clinicians Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment Solutions - TS.CF.50.1.GB-INT.2.AHG-singlepages.pdf
File name: TS.CF.50.1.GB-INT.2.AHG.pdf
Size: 3.04 Mb
GB-INT GB IT FR BE NL BE